Tuesday 23 September 2008

2004 - Falkland Islands

I went on detachment to the Falklands in 2004 for 4 months. It was my first dedicated CI (Counter Intelligence) role. It was the easiest of the disciplines, Phys Sy, but the buisiest - just the way I like it. It meant I'd have to travel all over the islands - mostly by helicopter.

Here's Stanley road into Port Stanley



Stanley Harbour at dusk


At MPA......

.........The Joint Counter Intelligence Section (JCIS)

The road to the Police Headquarters (PHQ)

Of course, its not all work, work, work.....(you get Sunday afternoons off)

................I indulged myself in one of my passions; scrambling. This was at Pleasant Peak.....

Then there's the 4 day R&R....I went to Pebble Island.....

Penguins really stink. It's like a bad rotten fish smell.

2 comments:

Anndi said...

My daughter is going to think you're cool beans for having been up close and personal with penguins in the wild.

Before I saw pictures of them I thought, "gosh it looks cold". I'm guessing it was? LOL

Mike Longworth's Place said...

lol...it was anndi. if you want any more pictures of penguins, give me a shout...i've got quite a few!

the falklands are actually quite beautiful..not to everyones taste, but i love the open air & wildlife so it suited me.